- People with a disability, ages 8+ (by start date of camp)
- Ambulatory without an assistive device
- Able to side step quickly to both sides
- Able and willing to wear a properly fitted bike helmet
- Minimum inseam of 20 inches (measured from floor with sneakers on)
- Maximum weight of 220 pounds
- Able to attend camp all five days
- Has parent/guardian who can stay for their rider’s sessions
Each camper will attend the same assigned session each day for the week.
Session 1: 08:30 am – 09:45 am
Session 2: 10:05 am – 11:20 am
Session 3: 11:40 am – 12:55 pm
Session 4: 02:00 pm – 03:15 pm
Session 5: 03:35 pm – 04:50 pm
The cost of the program is $250, due at time of registration.
Campers should wear comfortable clothes for bike riding in a gym. No dresses or baggy pants. Campers must wear sturdy closed toe shoes, no crocs please.
- Bike helmet. No camper will be allowed to participate without a properly fitting bike helmet.
- A water bottle with camper’s name on it.
- Iterative successes, building confidence and self-esteem that carries into other areas of their lives
- Heightened memory, concentration, and decision-making skills
- Inclusion with school and neighborhood friends
- Independent transportation to school and work
- Positive change in family dynamics
- Building strength and stamina through movement and recreation
- A healthy lifestyle and improved quality of life